Cube for Greyson
Online Rubik’s Cube Workshop fundraiser titled 'Cube for Greyson'
Learn to cube in the holidays and help in a worthy cause!
12/27/2020 (Sun, 3:00pm - 5:00pm)
12/28/2020 (Mon, 10:00am - 12:00pm)
Greyson Beauregard , a 13th year old student from Walpole who
suffered a traumatic recreational accident during an ATV accident in Oct,2020. His injuries were severe, leaving him unable to walk. The challenges Grey and his family now face as they adapt to a new way of life are extensive. We hope to help defray the immediate and long-term costs of medical apparatus, home refitting, a mobility vehicle and the adaptive tools Grey will need to support his daily living and empower his independence.
Past Rubik's Cube Workshops
Planet Robotics conducted Rubik's Cube Workshops for
- Community workshop in Attleboro
- Tamil Makkal Mandram in Burlington,MA
- Richard Memorial Library in North Attleboro MA
- Rochambeau Library in Providence
- Indian Association of Rhode Island in December 2019
- Remote Rubik's Cube workshop in summer of 2020
At this online workshop, we will be using the Zoom software to conduct the meeting.
First, the team will show a step in the solve, such as the "daisy", (from the youcandothecube website - linked below), and the students will be able to complete that step for practice. Then, we will move to the next steps after about 10 minutes, after most students have completed the step successfully.
We recommend using an online cube, and not a real cube for this workshop, as we will not be able to help the students directly. If the student gets stuck during the solve, we will request remote access to their screen that they will approve (of course if that is okay with the parents). If you don't want your screen to be controlled, we can help by giving tips verbally.
Here are the links that we will be using:
- http://iamthecu.be/ will be a teaching resource.
- The students will use the google cube : (https://www.google.com/logos/2014/rubiks/iframe/). The students will also be able to research online cubes if they would like.
- The website that we use for teaching the solve for the 3 x 3 is: https://www.youcandothecube.com/solve-it/3-x-3-solution .
- If you/your child already knows how to solve the 3 x 3 cube, and they have another type of cube at home, or would like to try one online, we recommend this website : https://ruwix.com/online-puzzle-simulators/.
Planet Robotics conducted Rubik's Cube Workshops for Tamil Makkal Mandram in Burlington,MA, Richard Memorial Library in North Attleboro MA, Indian Association of Rhode Island in December 2019.